Healthy Recipes from Yoli Countries Part Two
On Tuesday, we shared recipes from the Philippines and Mexico that are great additions to your healthy lifestyle. Today we’ll be sharing two more from Canada and the United States!
Lettuce Lobster Roll from Canada
This fresh seafood dish is an excellent meal prep recipe! Cook at the beginning of the week, then you have it for lunches or snacks for a few days. You could also put it on a whole wheat roll for your Meal Days!
- 1 ¼ lbs lobster
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 leaf romaine hearts
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedge
- Bring water to boil in large stock pot. Add live lobster, cooking for about 10 minutes or until lobster is bright red. Remove and let cool. Crack claws and knuckles, removing meat. Leftover meat can be used to make additional rolls, or for another dish.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and green onions. Stir in the lobster meat.
- Spoon lobster mixture into leaves of romaine lettuce, or in a roll.
- Sprinkle parsley and serve with lemon wedge. Store remaining lobster mixture in the fridge until ready to use.
Vegan Key Lime Pie from the United States
This vegan spin on a classic dessert is perfect for the Yoli lifestyle!
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours, then drained
- ¾ cup light or full-fat coconut milk, shaken well
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 large limes
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ⅓-½ cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Put graham cracker crumbs in a food processor with melted butter. Pulse until fine and combined.
- Distribute graham cracker mixture between muffin tins, pressing down with a glass or a spoon. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into a blender, blending on high speed until creamy. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Additional lime juice can be added for tartness, additional agave can be added for sweetness.
- Pour filling into muffin tins, then tap against the counter to settle and remove any air bubbles. Decorate the tops with lime zest if desired.
- Freeze until firm, about 2-4 hours. Thaw for 10-15 minutes when ready to serve. Enjoy on Meal Days or during your free meal for a sweet, yet still healthy treat!
For more healthy recipes, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!